Saturday, January 8, 2011

Soup, soup, soup 1/7/11

Tonight both of my boys came home under the weather. I think the oldest is suffering from a stomach virus, while the younger seems to have a simple head cold. Regardless of the sickness, it seemed like a perfect time for good ol' chicken noodle soup.

I really wanted to make the soup from scratch but didn't want to wait for the chicken to cook first (both boys were exhausted and wanted to go bed, so the food had to be ready quickly). I had one can of Campbell's Homestyle Chicken Noodle soup. That, clearly, would not be enough for everyone.

I placed this can of soup in a pot and added a can of water. My husband and I then decided to add 2.5 cups of chicken broth (I hope that measurement is accurate; we really eyed it rather than measured.) and the noodles from 2 packs of ramen noodles. We served this with a side of crackers. It was quite comforting and the boys were warm and full when they went to bed shortly afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment