Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year - New Goals

So the hubby and I are now involved with a women's tackle football team (he's a coach; I'm on staff). Many of the ladies on the team live a Paleo lifestyle. We have decided to give it a try. We started on January 2, 2012.

I am reading two books on Paleo which include recipes. I will be sharing the recipes of what we eat here. Many are courtesy of The Paleo Solution: The Complete Human Diet by Robb Wolf. Otheres are from The Paleo Diet Cookbook by Loren Cordain, Ph.D. I will specify the source of each recipe. Some are actually created by us.

As many of you know, we typically have 21 days of a Daniel fast in January as part of Awakening. This year, rather than fasting types of food, we are fasting certain material things. A small part of me believes that things are a much better sacrifice.

We are trying Paleo for 30 days. After that time we will decide whether to modify. So far I have more energy, feel better, and remain more focused. I am excited to see benefits that others have spoken of, such as being acne free and experiencing weight loss no matter the effort. I think that we will incorporate our Body for Life workout regime as well. We are looking forward to being healthy and fit in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment